Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Days 6 & 7

Unfortunately I did not get a chance yesterday to do any bags as I had my two children all day and night by myself and we had quite a few crazy incidences as well.  I'm sure if you're a parent, you know how hectic it can get even in your own home.  I figured since I did the 7 bags the day before, that I didn't need to stress about this particular day so much.  In Day 5, most of the clothes in the bags for Purple Heart all came from tubs up in our loft that I was holding onto for some reason or another.  Today is another day where I don't get a lot of time b/c I go to work in a few hours and don't come home until 10:30pm.  My mother is here this morning though, so I hope to atleast go through my closet real quick before I have to run, and maybe get another bag filled to add to our Purple Heart pile.  They can't come to pick up our bags until Tuesday anyways, so we have time to keep adding bags to that pile.  Meanwhile, my hallway will be real attractive for a week, but hey, as long as it's going to a cause and after they are gone my house will look less cluttered!

I had about 20 minutes to spare while JD was napping and my mom was playing with Ethan, so I bagged some more winter sweaters that I had in my closet that I didn't wear once this winter, a pair of sneakers and slippers (I'm curious, does anyone wear slippers?), and some scarves & gloves (Curious again: Does anyone else get atleast one scarf each year for Christmas or another winter holiday that you celebrate?).  So I feel like I did my part today.  I'm going to ask my husband to contribute to the bag when he gets home from work today while my mom is still available to watch the kids.  By the way, does it count as a bag if I packed away clothes in tubs and gave them to my mom to store at her house? 

3 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read this. I wear slippers 6 months out of the year. They get gross by summer and every Christmas Mike gives me a new pair. I guess I am a grandma in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear slippers all the time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See - I like the idea of slippers, they're cute and cuddly for your toes, but for some reason they always remain in my closet. I walk around my house in socks all day and then put my shoes on when I leave the house. I guess I just feel like slippers are more of a nuisance than socks. Maybe I should try to wear slippers the rest of the week and see how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete