Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Days 13 & 14: BOOM! There it iiiz!

What I've been working on these last few days:

Yard Sale Pile (there's more in storage)

Our clean living room, without so many toys!

So I'm finding out that life doesn't slow down around you when you are trying to do some good, such as the 40 bags.  I'm finding it harder and harder to take "time out" each day to go through things and organize, especially with all of the things happening around me.  Our router for the internet stopped working so we needed to try a new router, which my husband was able to get working yesterday!  Today though - today was bizarre - as some of you may have read on my facebook status.  If you are not one of those people, let me fill you in...

This morning as my family, including my mom, were all gathered around the kitchen/dining room eating breakfast together, a loud BOOM came out of nowhere and literally made our chandelier swing so violently I could've sworn a minor earthquake passed through, or at the least a lightening bolt hit our roof!  Immediately I shook those ideas out of my head b/c they didn't make sense since I live in PA and we weren't even having rain at the time.  I looked in every room and every closet and found nothing.  I looked outside at our roof and nothing was found there either.  People suggested it could be something electrical or the HVAC unit, but my neighbor checked those things out and everything seems normal.  So someone thought it a possible dead animal that the heat had forced through the duct onto the electrical box above the chandelier but that doesn't explain how loud the BOOM was!  Someone else thinks it could be a cracking joint, but what am I going to do about that?  So anyways, this pretty much consumed my mind ALL DAY!  I couldn't shake it out of my head, and trust me, if it happened to you, you wouldn't be able to either!  I soooo wanted to find a reason for it, and will have to go to sleep tonight still wondering and worrying what is going on under my bed. 

I also don't feel well today, a bit under the weather with a runny nose and sinus pressure.  So, I didn't do much today, but I still managed to start to clean out my kids closet, oh and vacuum.  Does a vacuum bag count as a bag?  It should in my case b/c of the amount of dog fur there is in that bag!  LOL  Wish I could bag up all of the dog fur and send that away forever like the other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment