Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 5 - 7 Bags!

6 BAGS FOR PURPLE HEART

1 BAG OF TRASH

So as I wrote on Day 4, I worked on going through a lot of clothes!  As of right now, and I'm not finished, I have 6 bags to go to Purple Heart.  Most are full of clothes and some have old towels, purses, and shoes in them as well.  Believe it or not, most of the bags are full of MY stuff!  I got rid of a few of the kids clothes, but I save most of their clothes in tubs for my baby nephew.  My husband didn't even get a chance to look through his clothes yet!  Right now my hallway is lined with huge plastic bags ready to go to Purple Heart, but I don't want to call them until we're totally finished with the bags!  I had just one bag of trash, full of items that were not worthy of passing on.  I also started a section in my loft with items that would be good for a yard sale.  I'm hoping that before the 40 days are up, I can tackle having a yard sale to get rid of some more things!  I'm starting to think that getting rid of 40 bags of stuff is a lot easier than I thought!  Now I just want these bags out of my house, so tomorrow I'll work some more on bags for Purple Heart so I don't need to call them twice to come pick up my "stuff".  I'm just wondering where I'm going to find room for more bags!

3 comments:

  1. When I have clothing I'm not sure I want to get rid of, I stick it in my back closet out of sight. If I don't reach for it in 6 months to wear, (unless its the wrong season) i donate it. I know what you mean about wearing the same thing, I swear i wear the same couple outfits all the time! Oh and with pants if I haven't fit into them in a year , I donate them. I had stuff from before I was pregnant (which is now going on 6 years!) that I finally let go- I'm never going to be that size again, my hips wont allow it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea with the 6 months of waiting! I think I probably do that in my head when I occasionally look through my clothes! We have a rule at our house - when you bring new clothing in, old clothing must go out! So if I bring home 3 shirts, I have to get rid of 3 shirts! And as far as fitting into your "pre-pregnancy clothes", I never got back to my original size after my first, but after my second, I'm in sizes now that I haven't fit into since college! Go figure! It doesn't make sense, but maybe you should have baby #2. (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a little girl. You should talk to my husband and get him on board! (You'll get a skinny wife.. lol)

    ReplyDelete