Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 4 - Purple Heart

So most Sundays when everyone else is sleeping in, resting and doing family things, I am working.  It's not that I'm complaining, after all I only go to work twice a week and can stay home with my kids the rest of the time.  But Sundays I get up bright and early at 5:30am and head out for an hour long drive at 6:30am.  I don't usually get home until around 3pm.  When I do get home, I'm exhausted and my kids want mommy time.  So on Sundays, as you follow along with me, you will notice a pattern of "resting" a bit more than normal.  I wasn't up to tackling anything major today.  There was a lot of laundry to do, so while I did a few loads, I went through my dresser drawers and started pulling out clothes that I haven't worn in over a year.  I have so much clothes: Large clothes for the beginning of my pregnancy and after birth, maternity clothes, nursing clothes, the clothes I wore before I got pregnant the second time, and now the clothes I haven't fit into in several years.  I literally have clothes for sizes 5-14 in all different drawers, piles, tubs, etc.  So, I thought it was about time to let go of some things.  If you're anything like me, you wear the same outfits each week, and the rest of your clothes gets overlooked.  So why is it always so difficult to say goodbye to those other items?  Long story short, I have a few bags full right now for Purple Heart, but there's still a lot left for me to do.  So, tomorrow I will continue and count all of the bags together when I'm all done!  I'm hoping to get my husband involved with this challenge as well.  We'll see what's "in the bag" for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment