Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 22 - MORE THAN HALF WAY!

My awesome steam mop that doesn't work anymore!

So geez, it's been a while!  I think the hardest part about this challenge is writing the blog.  haha  Anyways, it keeps me on my toes.  I was getting so frustrated that I haven't had a lot of time lately to do much and to write everything out that I've been doing.  Meanwhile, Day 15 went by and I haven't posted anything of true significance in over a week!  So we're at day 22 - I now have 14 bags that left my house, a mop (pictured above) that I count as a bag, two tubs of clothes that went home to my Mom in her large storage closet, and app. 3 tubs and 2 bags full of clothes/toys/etc for the yard sale that I hope to have on April 16 to mark the end of my 40 days!  So if I tally all of that together I have 22 bags!  Wow!  I literally just counted that out while writing this!  How cool is that?!  I have several other things I have been working on also in my bedroom, which is just taking a while, b/c it's a lot of little stuff that requires some time looking through and soul-searching.  Here are some pics of what I've been working on:

What the top of my dresser looked like (still working on it)

We haven't used this to put diapers and baby stuff in, but other junk.

A box full of hair items and a basket of belts

Hair clips that have balloons and my name printed on them (totally cool if I was 3yr. old) and a dance leg warmer that I held onto to remind myself of what I used to be!

This stuff was found in a cute bag pictured below, cat toys (we haven't had a cat in 2 years), toilet covers (what good are they in a bag in my room), a pair of contacts, and yet another tampon.  All of these things belong somewhere other than a bag stored away under my lamp in my room.

My bag and basket completely empty now!

A cute little bag I came across that I was going to throw out and decided to use it to put our stray socks in.

So this is just some of the stuff I've been working on, slowly and quietly, and I'll show you the end results when I am completely finished!  I'll be away for a few days again, so you won't hear from me for a bit, but when I come back I hope to announce the winner to the nail polish give-away and have some more pics to show you of my bedroom and my progress.  In the meantime, I hope some of these pics give some of you more inspiration for something else to work on in your house. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! it looks like you are really coming along! i just donated 10 bags to purple heart! slowly but surely, right? isn't liberating to let go of "stuff"?

    ReplyDelete